Indo-Icelandic Business Association (IIBA)
1. What is the Indo Icelandic Business Association (IIBA)?
The Indo Icelandic Business Association was established 12 January 2010 in New Delhi to promote trade, investment, cultural and bilateral relations between India and Iceland. The IIBA operates in accordance with its Memorandum of Society that stipulates the association´s role, governance, rules and procedures.
2. What are the key objectives of the IIBA?
Promote business and cultural ties between India and Iceland.
Assist interested and concerned parties from both countries to establish business, commercial and cultural relations.
To take up matters of mutual interest including business opportunities or trade issues with appropriate political or administrative bodies.
3. What are the various services provided by the IIBA?
• IIBA acts as a facilitator to establish connections between Indian and Icelandic companies. The IIBA works closely with the Embassy of Iceland in India.
• IIBA provides business insights and connections for access to doing business with Iceland and India
• IIBA organizes workshops, seminars, round table conferences to facilitate collaboration, knowledge transfer and provide updated information about political, economical, cultural or legislative issues relevant to business and commerce.
• Private / Corporate events can be organized by IIBA for corporates or individuals interested in promoting their goods and services to either countries.
• IIBA also initiates business delegations between Iceland and India and it can facilitate B2B meetings with prospective clients.
• IIBA releases news letters and media releases from time to time with latest developments and customized information on how to do business between India and Iceland for the benefit of the members.
4. Who can get benefitted?
Individuals, professional network of individuals, corporates, private members, CEO’s, CFO’s, Lawyers, Auditors, Entrepreneurs and any one interested to explore business opportunities between India and Iceland.
5. What kind of value added services are offered by the IIBA?
• IIBA can assist in providing value added support on Due Diligence mainly Integrity Due Diligence and Merger & Acquisition Due Diligence including GRC solutions (Governance, Risk & Compliance)
• IIBA can provide access to value added services as its members include experts, advisers, accountants, lawyers and professionals with experience of business relations between Iceland and India.
• IIBA has industry experts from areas such as Tourism-Hospitality, Fashion, Jewelry, Food processing, Medical Equipment and Devices, Engineering, Energy, Films & Media, Service Industry and IT, hence facilitate industry specific information.
6. How is the IIBA Governed?
The IIBA Annual General Meeting is the supreme decision making body of the association. It elects the Chairperson of the IIBA and the members of the Governing Board, it approves the financial accounts and votes on proposed amendments to the association´s rules and regulations. Between the Annual Meetings, the association is run by the Governing Board under the leadership of the Chairperson of IIBA. Regular information dissemination through social media, press releases and media coverage highlight the various activities of the IIBA.
7. Where does the IIBA operate from?
The Secretariat of the IIBA is located at:
Embassy of Iceland in India,
10 Munirka Marg, Vasant Vihar,
New Delhi – 110 057